CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

OK, so everyone knows I’m not the most likely candidate for a bridesmaid, but one of my oldest friends, Melinda, asked me if I would play the part in her wedding this past November…and I’m so glad she did. Melinda and I met my freshman year in college, while I was taking this dreadful introduction to financial accounting course at Mesa Community College. My professor, Sally Brooks, was…well…hmmm…I hate to be petty, but I feel like I have to describe her physical appearance in order to provide the full effect. She was approximately 5 foot tall and wore ankle length, floral dresses with folded down socks and Jesus sandals. She wore a long, brown braid with bangs and absolutely no makeup. Now, I can appreciate someone with a non-animated, no-nonsense attitude as much as the next accountant, but this lady was borderline catatonic with an evil streak, and she had it out for Melinda and me. To be fair, I was working full-time and going to school, so it’s possible I may have been a bit cranky and instigative, but she was awful. Melinda and I bonded during our nightly ten minute breaks on a cement bench just outside the classroom. I appreciated her cynicism and her love of cats. We survived the semester one class at a time, and in the end, I walked away with one mediocre letter grade, and one life long friend.
The wedding took place in beautiful downtown Pasadena, CA. Tara and Mom came too. We had a great time, and Tara, of course, made a few fans along the way. I was also able to spend a little bit of time with the babies. I miss them so much!













Tara's Fans


The morning of the wedding, Mom, Tara, the babies, and I had brunch at the Westin. It was wonderful to spend time with them and to remember what life on the west coast is like. The sun was warm, the food was great, there were no cabs honking or angry drivers yelling...very refreshing...and just what I needed.







1 comments:

Becca said...

Somer,
I am so happy you were able to go to the wedding and also to see Tara & your mom!!! You all look great! Can't tell you how much I miss you all.