CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Trip to Philly






























Mikey and I went to Philly for the 4th of July weekend to friend's house warming party. It was our first time visiting Philly since we moved to NJ. It was far more industrial than I had imagined and everything was really, really old! We walked down several of the "more famous" streets, Market Street and South Street, and saw some interesting things. There were a lot of anti-war protests going on (surprise, surprise) so we did quite a bit of people watching. My friend from the MA program, Jess, and her boyfriend just moved into a new house. Most of the homes in Philly are row houses as was the case with Jess'. The streets were tiny one-way streets and the houses all looked a little rough on the outside, but once we stepped inside Jess' place was gorgeous. It was built in 1918 and everything inside was original. Very impressive. We had a great time. The girls in the pictures are my closest friends from the MA program. Allison, in purple, is from Indiana and Jess, in the cherry dress, is from Jersey. They are great friends and incredible activists. I feel lucky to have met them. I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you!!

1 comments:

Becca said...

Somer, It is exciting to see your adventures! You look great (as always) and you look happy. I miss you and hope to see you again soon. We need to plan a trip to Jersey & you guys can plan a trip to Alaska. I love you! Becky