CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mikey's Turn

Ahhh…the infamous NJ blog, Somer has been asking when I would get a chance to finally help her post something on our blog, I’ve put it off long enough and finally you all get to see Mikey post. It’s July in NJ and surprisingly we have had some nice weather for the 4th of July weekend. I just recently returned from a trip to California for my grandmother’s 80th B-day, the weather was gorgeous and I had such a nice time hanging with family. I strongly believe I brought the weather back with me but it probably won’t last very long. I included the pictures from the party and in case you were wondering if my family needs a huge intervention from Stacy and Clinton, it was a Hawaiian themed event, don’t ask. We had the music, entertainment and food all to go along with the theme but I suggested that perhaps next time we actually take a trip to HI instead of pretending to be there. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Somer and I took a trip to NYC yesterday in an attempt to watch the Macy’s fireworks show on the Hudson River. Unfortunately, due to the mass amounts of people (2 Million to be exact) and our claustrophobia we didn’t actually get to stay and watch the show. We made it all the way to 12th Ave. sat down in the herd and contemplated amongst ourselves if the benefits outweighed the risks and decided that it would probably be the worst experience ever to try get out of the area at the culmination of the show. As we tried to escape our plans we ran into a police barricade of approximately three thousand people trying to get in. So with my statuesque frame 5’6 in all, I proceeded to follow Somer through the mass crowd of NYC cattle, alas we made it out and wondered what in the world we were thinking in the first place. The day was not a complete waste, we did get to spend the afternoon in Central Park and have a picnic and hone in on our photography skills, which you can enjoy to the right --------->

Somer and I have been spending a lot of time in the city and weather permitting will take a trip to the shore next weekend. I hope those of you that read our little blog enjoy and you will here from me again.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Mikey's Grams 80th B-Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

0 comments: